Top Party Planning Checklist
Planning a party can be an exciting experience but it rarely passes by without any stress. Trying to remember everything and keep it all together can be very exhausting. The mental and emotional workload of it all is potentially more debilitating that the physical work involved. Being in the party business ourselves, we know a thing or two and we want to make your life easier. So we have compiled the ultimate party checklist to take you through from the moment you set the date till the doors open on the night. This really is a checklist you shouldn’t have to do without!
Before You Begin
Once a party has been decided upon there is a natural eagerness to get stuck in, but this could be a mistake. It is wise to spend some time reflecting on the purpose of the party, the celebration, the tone and the atmosphere you want to create. Get very clear on this and make sure that those who are helping you are on the same page; miss-communication can be a common cause for blunders or oversights.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Who are you throwing a party for? Is it one person or a group of people – who are they and what is there relationship to each other?
- What is the cause for celebration?
- Will everyone (or most people at least) know each other? If not how will this affect the guests socialising? How can the party itself help put people at ease?
- What atmosphere do you want to create?
- How do you want the guests to feel when they leave?
- Do you want a theme? If so what?
- What colours will complement the theme? Why?
- How many people do you want to attend? Roughly.
- Do you want people to eat at the party? Sit-down meal, buffet, brunch etc…?
- What do you need to create time and space for? Speeches, etc…?
- What is your budget?
- What one word describes the type of party you want to create?
Knowing the answers to the questions above will inform every decision you make and ensure that you stay on the right track and create the party that you truly desire it to be.
Below is a checklist that you can use as you go, make sure you tick off each one in the completed column. Ideally you could complete each of these tasks in this order but your unique party may require some flexibility. As long as you have everything covered before the big day, you can relax. You have done all you can. Make sure as you do each task you remember the questions you answered in preparation to gain clarity on the type of party you wanted to create.
Tick Off The Music
Contact UK Mobile Discos today and you can immediately tick off the music task. We provide high quality, fully insured DJ’s who will ensure that your party has the atmosphere you desire. For a no-obligation quote, click here.